Friday, August 24, 2007

I went to bed at 3:30am and then, and then, subsequently up at 7:30am for work.

WHY?

Sooo GLAD you asked.

b/c I came home at 1:30am to a bathtub almost filled to the brim with water...the water knobs would not turn off, so the water was freely running, and the tub was not draining AT ALL...I had to get a big bowl and scoop water out and pour it down the sink numerous times so it would not overflow and cause serious water damage. Since it is not my apt, I did not have any management numbers and the super was not answering his door despite my frequent pounding and doorbell ringing (in all fairness, it WAS 1:30 in the morning). My friend S, who lived there until last Saturday and is one the lease (thus, would have the much needed management numbers) was not answering her phone. I woke the other roomie up...but she is subletting too so she had no numbers either. Her suggestion was to take turns continually scooping out water until the morning when we could get in contact with the management.

erm...noooo

I eventually got a hold of G who lived there in June, and got the number: the household management team was not in (DUH, 1:30 in the morning), but it did say, for tenants ER, press one, so I did, AND got another recording.

anywhoo, G and his AWESOME self came over at 2am and figured out a way to jerry-rig it so the water stopped running.

so, I am sitting here at work, un-showered, (does baby wiping count?) trying to figure out a way to sleep with my eyes open.

And S is like let's go daaaancing tonight in the meatpacking district!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha.

ZZZZZZZ + ME = HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY

is what I am doing tonight.


Oh, and when S called the Management company this morning to tell them what happened, their response was, “What do you want us to do about it?”


good times. good times.

email me! you know you wanna: heydreamergirl@yahoo.com