Friday, August 10, 2007

Melissa.



Melissa called me a lot.

She told me I was the only one who called her back.

Melissa loved Jesus.

Melissa was not well.

She was needy.

Sometimes she made no sense.

I could not handle Melissa.

I was in a sad space.

Melissa disappeared one day.

Left behind everything.

Went missing for three weeks.

Turns out she had amnesia.

Went to a hospital.

Family notified, going to make everything better.

Seasons went by.

Forgot about Melissa.

Well.

She was in the back of my head.

That's where I kept her.

In the back.

She called once.

Four months ago in April.

I was in a happy space.

I remember what I said.

But I don't remember what she said.

Things were ok.

I think that's what she said.

Things were ok.

Didn't she say that?

Then she stopped calling.

I thought about her two weeks ago.

She randomly popped into my head.

But I no longer had her info.

So I moved on.

Did not give it a second thought.

Then I thought about her again.

One week later.

Did not try to find her info.

Did not give it another passing thought.

One week after that I receive a call.

Melissa committed suicide





one week ago.





Melissa is in Jesus's arms now