Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Once upon a time my father and step-father did bad things to me.
And my mother--fully aware--did nothing. This broke my heart.

So I had to make the difficult choice to move far far away by myself and find my own path to heal. This broke her heart.

But it was the best choice for me.

And now that we are 3,000 miles apart we have somehow figured out a way to forgive, re-connect and support each other.

The people who know this ask me how.

I don’t really know. It’s an on-going process. Lots of distance, Lots of prayers, lot of grace, and lots of faith in a God who is bigger than our circumstances. And lots of love.

I’m sharing this with you because I know a lot of you are hurting. You tell me sad things and I don’t know how to respond. I tell you that you’re in my prayers and leave it at that. However, I need to say one more thing because I know this much is true: the same God who holds me in the palm of his hand, the same God -- loves you too.


email me! you know you wanna: heydreamergirl@yahoo.com