Saturday, May 03, 2008

Vegan: One Month In:

So, today is my one month anniversary of becoming vegan and I wanted to post some links to some sites that have really interesting studies and information that have helped my journey one month in.

This is an amazing NY Times article that talks about the "nutritionalization" of society and how false medical abstracts can influence the consumer at the drop of a hat. (Author Michael Pollan's general conclusion and first sentence is: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."):

Unhappy Meals

Compassionate Cooks has a wealth of information as well as pod casts that are off the chain in terms of sharing vegan knowledge:

Compassionate Cooks


All About Soy -- I appreciate this link because it sub-links to studies done by medical professionals -- especially with all the brouhaha about soy being evil.

All About Soy


Some favorite food links (I hate to cook, so I pretty much just stare at the pictures whislt daydreaming about someone making me a a vegan cupcake shaped like a ball of yarn):

Post Punk Kitchen
Vegan Yum Yum

Eating out in NYC as a vegan is not hard with these DIED and gone to HEAVEN vegan/vegetarian restaurants.

Red Bamboo
Curlys
Zen Palate

These links (from co-worker S! thanks!) give great easy green living tips for the eco-conscious average Jane/Joe.

Gaiam
Ideal Bite



I just wanted to share!

If you have any feedback, books, information or links (both pro and con) please let me know!

Thanks!

xxoo,

elidia